The "Luigi Lombard Foundation" was established on January 23rd 2002 by Simonetta Lombard, the last heir of the family who had owned the woollen mill of Stia for more than 60 years, to commemorate her father Luigi.
The Luigi and Simonetta Lombard Foundation is a non-profit organisation. It has as its primary purpose, as clearly stated in its Charter, "the establishment of a centre of historical documentation related on the textile tradition in Casentino with particular reference to the Woollen mill of Stia as a cultural expression of the wool industry".
- PRESIDENTE: prof. Paolo Blasi
- CONSIGLIERI: Giovanni Basagni, dott.ssa Ilaria Casagli, dott.ssa Eleonora Ducci, Lorenzo Lori, Grazia Madiai, Denise Vangelisti
- SINDACO DI PRATOVECCHIO STIA: dott. Nicolò Caleri
- COLLEGIO DEL REVISORI: dott. Paolo Cerini, dott.ssa Franca Cerofolini, prof. Riccardo Passeri
- PRESIDENT: Prof. Paolo Blasi
- MEMBERS: Emma Angelini, Isabella Bigazzi, Benedetta della Bordella, Caterina Chiarelli, Paolo Fabiani, Angela Giordano,
- Andrea Gori, Claudio Grisolini, Massimo Preite, Gabriele Scannerini
The Woollen mill of Stia, after many vicissitudes and events, ceased its production activity in 1985, thus ending its glorious and ancient history.
Pier Luigi della Bordella, a great intellectual with specific knowledge in the textile industry and a local history enthusiast, studied and reconstructed the historical events of the woollen mill of Stia and of the wool industry in Tuscany.